WSGA Tournament News and Results
This year we have a committee who will choose the four golfers who will represent Wyoming at the 2021 Girls Junior Americas Cup at Banbury Golf Club in Eagle, Idaho July 18 to July 22. Players will be chosen from a combination of high school and WSGA/WJGT scores, personal statement and essay. There will be a strong emphasis on choosing participants that have not already signed to play golf in college. The tournaments listed are heavily suggested but not required for this year’s picks. If you have any questions, please email Rachelle Pearson at email@example.com or call at 307-660-982
- Send personal statement and short essay on what the sport of golf means to you. Please email to Rachelle Pearson by June 1, 2021
- Wyoming Junior Tour Event May 22 – 23 at Three Crowns
- Jr. World Qualifier on June 7 and 8 at Jacoby Golf Club
- Match Play on June 10 – 12 at The Golf Club at Devils Tower
- World Star Qualifier on June 14 and 15 at The Powder Horn
- Women’s State Am on June 25 – 27 at Jacoby Golf Club
- Wyoming State Junior Amateur June 29 and 30 at Lander Golf Club
If you are chosen for the Wyoming Team, you will be required to do the following:
- Sell 100 raffle tickets
- Attend the Wyoming State Golf Association Hall of Fame Banquet on October 9th in Laramie
2021 WSGA Winter Championship
Day one of the WSGA Winter Championship was played on Monday, March 15. The weather was warm, but windy.
Michael May won the Gross Division with a score of 75. Joe Hunter was second with a 76.
Molli Mulhall won the Women’s Gross Division with a 79, closely followed by My Paulsen with an 80.
In the Men’s Net Division, Walter Sturdivant, John Albrectson, Tony Poulos and William Surannyi tied with scores of 76.
My Paulsen and Dawn Foreman each had a net 70 to tie in the Women’s Net Division.
The second day of the Winter Championship began with cool temperatures but not much wind.
Scott Bates had a round of 77 to win the Men’s Gross Division. Michael May, Troy May, and Tim Marton had 77’s to tie for second.
Jack Morey had a net 66 to take the Men’s Net Division, followed by William Suranyi with a net 70.
Molli Mulhall was again the Gross Winner of the Women’s Division with a score of 79 followed by Kendall Ashba, My Paulsen, Rachelle Pearson and Annie Kepler with a scores of 88.
Janice Vosika was the Net Winner with a score of 71.
2020 WSGA Players of the Year
Men’s Player of the Year Klinton Krieger
Women’s and Girls’
Player of the Year
Men’s Senior Player of the Year
Women’s Player of the Year Karen Davis
Boy’s Player of the Year